What do you need to do manifest?
It starts with getting clear on what you want. Then you ask the universe to co-create with you. Once you’ve done that, the universe is ready to do its part. But you need to do yours.
Together you will co-create what it is that you want.
So today I’m sharing the 5 things you must do in order to manifest.
Manifesting is the art of co-creating with the universe.
Everything is possible when you believe.
If you think, “How do I believe when I don’t have it yet?” You are not alone. It’s also a really good question.
There are lots of ways to do this.
For instance, you can use visualization. Imagining your life as if you already have what you want is powerful. Lots of gold medals have been won that way.
When I work with my clients, I help them release the resistance to believing and use the energy of creation to actually teach them the feelings they seek. How they will feel when they have what they want. It works.
Another method is to play out your fantasy.
I first experienced this in a workshop at the Haven years ago.
I could act and play out any fantasy I wanted to experience. In my case, I wanted to experience getting engaged. I enrolled a friend to do the asking. We scheduled it up on the board. When the time came, we both made our way to a small room. There, he totally swept me off my feet and asked me to marry him.
It wasn’t real, but it felt real. I now know what that feels like.
You might be adverse to role playing, but go ahead and try it. See what happens.
- Decide on what it is that you want to experience.
- Identify who is in your fantasy. Consider the roles you will assign to actors.
- Recruit your friends for a party and ask them to join you in your fantasy.
- Assign the roles.
- Let the fantasy unfold. Do not control it. Experience it. This is where magic happens.
Try it and see what happens.
#2 Plan & Take Action
Action leads to results, yet you may not know exactly what you need to do to get everything you want.
You don’t need to know how to do everything before you actually get started. You just need to have an idea of the general direction and the next few steps. As you take action, you learn a lot. You may think you are making mistakes. The truth is these mistakes are getting you back on track and teaching you what you need to learn to get to your goal.
There are no mistakes, just opportunities to get closer to what you want.
Here are some tips for planning and taking action.
- Do your research and enlist help in figuring out how to get what you need. This is especially true if you are building a business. You don’t’ have to do anything alone.
- Don’t get stuck in analyzing. Plans change. Have a general plan. Let the details figure themselves out as you go. If you need the details (you might need that for you), go ahead and plan, but don’t spend more than a week planning.
- If you don’t know where to start, ask yourself what you do know. If you don’t know how to do it, you can google it to find out. Then you have to try. It will be uncomfortable. Eventually, it will get easier. I look at this as learning to dance with the universe.
- Keep taking action until you get what you want.
One more thing… Have fun.
#3 Keep Your Vibration Up
The work in manifesting anything is to actually focus on what you need to do, and to feel as good as possible along the way.
Do anything that makes you feel good.
- Share the best part of your day on Facebook (it works).
- Build up your faith bowl. Write all the things that are going well and put them in a jar. See the jar grow. When you feel like you don’t have faith anymore, look at the notes in the jar.
- Dance, sing, play the drums.
- Go out for a run/walk in nature.
Choices are unlimited.
I’ll be honest: keeping up my vibration is what I struggle with the most.
My natural tendency is to buckle down and power through everything. Buckling down is good up to a point, but it does create resistance, which lowers your vibration. I have to counter that with lots of action to keep feeling good. If you are in the same boat, keep practicing.
#4 Let Go of Control and Trust the Universe Has your Back
Manifesting is also about trusting the universe has your back.
This step is about knowing whatever you do, you will eventually figure things out. The universe will eventually get you what you need.
Last November, I asked the universe to sort out the money thing for me. I told the universe to bring it to me in the highest and best way. I kept hearing not to worry. I didn’t. I totally trusted that things would come. Eight days later, I had a job. Interestingly enough, I also kept hearing I would have that job for as long as I needed to support me financially. It lasted ten days. I believe with all my heart that is exactly what I needed.
Trusting the universe isn’t always easy, but it is necessary to manifest what you want.
If you don’t know where to start, start with Pam Grout’s books E-Squared and E-Cubed. If you need a little a bit of one on one help to work through your resistance, book a session with me.
The sooner you let go of control, the sooner you can manifest more.
#5 Clear your Resistance
You will encounter resistance throughout the manifesting process.
It can come in many forms. It might be you have some limiting beliefs that stop you from believing or taking action. You might encounter those as feeling overwhelmed and unable to act. It might just be you have to fight to keep your vibration high or you feel anxious. It could be you feel super anxious.
Resistance is normal. Your job is to let it go.
There are lots of ways to do that. You can tap it away with EFT (google it). You can enlist someone to help you through it. The sooner you get through it, the closer you are to manifesting.
Are you ready to do your part and let the universe do its part?
You might find it challenging to believe or to take action. Ditto for keeping your vibration high and letting go. You will probably need to reach deep within you to release resistance. This is all part of co-creating with the universe.
Don’t give up. Just keep going.